Simple ERP – Dynamics AX 2012
Drive adoption and lower costs with an easy-to-use solution.
As business applications evolve, the natural tendency is for complexity to increase. Instead Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 is committed to simplicity. It focuses on simplifying every aspect of the system, including installation, deployment, implementation, customization, user experience, and upgrades. Simplicity drives adoption and ensures that customers truly get the benefit of the system’s power and agility.
a. Familiar User Experience
Microsoft Dynamics AX provides a familiar user experience to make it simple to learn and intuitive to use.
For end-users, simplicity begins with a familiar interface that makes the application simple to learn and intuitive to use. A key focus of user interface design is to allow high–velocity transaction processes like order entry to be entered as quickly and simply as possible. Common, innovative user interface concepts including visualizations, Microsoft Office look and common user interface across both the web browser and Windows rich client user interfaces accelerate the ramp up time of all users. The bi-directional integration with Microsoft Office 2010 lets users work with Microsoft Dynamics AX data in familiar applications.
b. Integrated Collaboration
Microsoft Dynamics AX provides integrated collaboration to make it simple to connect employees, customers, suppliers, and partners. Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 brings collaboration directly into the application making it simpler to connect with other people.
- SharePoint based vendor and customer portals simplify basic supply chain collaboration. Customers and vendors can access information from the web portal.
- Sites services support ad hoc, end–to–end business process integration with partners and customers.
- The Application Integration Framework allows data to be passed between applications either within an organization or with trading partners.
- Unified Communication integration allows users to instantly interact with other users and minimizes user’s distraction from tasks.
- SharePoint Collaboration Sites can be created directly from within Microsoft Dynamics AX to share information with team members.
c. Application Life Cycle Management
Microsoft Dynamics AX application life cycle management makes it simple to deploy, manage and upgrade.
Microsoft Dynamics AX automates application life cycle management and provides tools which facilitate deployment, management, and upgrades for customers, implementers, and ISVs. This results in operations efficiencies.
d. Pervasive Interoperability
Drive innovation-today and tomorrow-by working with a standard Microsoft technology platform that simplifies deployment and reduces costs. This gives you the power to drive your business forward. You can deploy in the way that works best for you–on–premises, in the cloud, or by using a hybrid model – and make incremental changes as needed. With Microsoft Dynamics AX, you get a business solution from Microsoft that is backed by an on-going commitment to research, development, and innovation:
Maximize your investments, lower TCO, and make additional productivity gains through Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 interoperability with Microsoft business productivity solutions and the application platform, including:
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Visual Studio development system
- Microsoft BizTalk Server
- Microsoft Lync
Innovate rapidly and move your organization into the future by taking advantage of:
- On-going investments by Microsoft and its partners in the platform, infrastructure technologies, and applications that enable your ERP solution to evolve as your organization grows.
- Easy access to a broad and talented pool of Visual Studio developers and solutions that can help IT implement and maintain your ERP solution to meet your organization’s changing needs.
e. Industry Focus
In a single solution, Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 helps enterprises meet their business requirements easily with purposely built capabilities for five industries (Manufacturing, Distribution, Retail, Public Sector, and Services industries).