Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 for Manufacturing Organisations
Manufacturers have always worked to improve performance against benchmarks such as cost, time-to-market, product quality and inventory optimisation. Now globalization, contract manufacturing, growing environmental and social awareness and the need for instant operational insight are adding new opportunities as well as challenges. Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012 helps manufacturers meet these opportunities and challenges with a powerful enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution that is purposely built for manufacturing organisations.
“A comprehensive solution for managing discrete, process, and lean manufacturing”
The Microsoft vision for manufacturing is one in which workers in a wide range of manufacturing businesses access specific information easily and securely with the tools they need to perform their individual roles, from a single source—Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012—from any location around the world. This unified approach enables each manufacturing business to run, and continuously improve, its own unique mix of manufacturing processes, across multiple sites and geographies. Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 reflects the Microsoft commitment to deliver the breadth and depth of Microsoft innovation to manufacturers, to help them realise this vision.
Meet the specific needs of your business.
Use technology purposely-built for the manufacturing industry:
- Improve control across a mix of make-to-order, make-to-stock, and other production processes.
- Enhance customer and vendor agreements with flexible contract structures.
- Support your organization end-to-end with rich, core ERP capabilities, including HR, finance and governance, risk and compliance (GRC) management.
Scale your organization quickly with a global manufacturing solution:
- Expand into new geographies using built-in localizations for 36 countries.
- Enable global planning with unified operations resource models.
- Improve efficiency by sharing global data for general ledger, relationships and products and by using common processes for intercompany trade and shared services.
Gain immediate insight and boost productivity with RoleTailored user experiences:
- Take advantage of new Role Centers, fact boxes, and enriched previews.
- Provide ad hoc, self-service business intelligence and reporting for key manufacturing operations, including prebuilt reports from Microsoft® SQL Server® Reporting Services.
- Provide business process context via notifications and alerts initiated by embedded workflows.
- Help ensure segregation of duties and simple user account setup and maintenance with role-based security and single sign-on capabilities.
Respond to changing conditions, correct capacity imbalances, and track sustainability.
Adapt to changing process and regulatory requirements with model-driven methods:
- Increase production planning and execution flexibility by unifying process, discrete and lean manufacturing operations.
- Improve business visibility with financial dimensions.
- Configure processes with a graphical workflow editor that helps you identify inefficiencies and optimise performance.
Improve responsiveness to demand:
- Handle customer demand spikes by rapidly on boarding vendors.
- Increase utilisation and responsiveness with flexible resource deployment across multiple routings.
- Fulfill customer demand with the constraints-based product configurator.
Enable a green and efficient enterprise:
- Track waste, water usage, energy consumption, carbon footprint, and related costs with the Environmental Sustainability Dashboard.
- Reduce waste and streamline production using lean manufacturing techniques.
A familiar user experience makes it easy to find, use, and share information.
Accelerate user on boarding and adoption with a familiar user experience:
- Speed ramp-up for users of all generations with kanban boards and other visualization tools, touch-based screens for shop floor workers, and the Microsoft Office look and feel.
- Use familiar productivity tools and share data between Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 and Microsoft Office 2010.
Collaborate easily with employees, customers, suppliers, and partners:
- Simplify collaboration with Microsoft SharePoint® portals for vendors and customers, and integration with the administrative ERP (two-tier scenario) using Application Integration Framework enhancements.
- Support ad hoc, end-to-end business process integration with partners and customers through Sites Services, an online service for Microsoft Dynamics.
- Speed information sharing across virtual teams with presence information and Microsoft LyncTM integrated communications.
Simplify deployment, management, and upgrading with application lifecycle management:
- Ease ERP implementation and administration, and gain IT efficiencies, with simplified application lifecycle management.
- Optimize IT investments to improve total cost of ownership (TCO) and productivity through interoperability between Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 and other Microsoft technologies.