Microsoft Project Server 2013 is here
Project Management is key in most businesses, regardless of company size or industry. Successful, reportable and measurable projects allude many organizations. Even the process of deciding which projects to execute in order to achieve strategic company goals and objectives are left to gut feel and intangible measuring mechanisms. The ROI and success of projects is rarely measured.
Project management is even further complicated as the project team members, participants, and business decision makers:
- are often engaged in multiple projects simultaneously
- have no platform to make data driven decisions
- don’t have a holistic view of all projects and resources in the organization
- have no way of enforcing project governance
- realize the impact of project risks and issues too late to make the right decisions at the right time.
Microsoft Project Server 2013 is a flexible on-premises, hosted or cloud based solution for project portfolio management (PPM) and everyday work. Team members, project participants, and business decision makers can get started, prioritize project portfolio investments and deliver the intended business value from virtually anywhere.
Microsoft Project Server 2013 will enable flexible project portfolio management that will ensure that you align vision and effort to prioritize initiatives, select optimal project portfolios, and deliver on your business strategy.
Get started quickly with a familiar experience that improves participation and helps teams get more done
- Use the new visual tiles in Project Web App (PWA), your web app to access Project Server, to quickly begin or flex project portfolio management capabilities.
- Choose between devices and browsers – Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and more – to view, edit, submit, and collaborate on project, portfolio, and everyday work.
- See and act on your tasks (including business and personal) in one location.
- Effectively plan and manage tasks in PWA with the help of new scheduling capabilities.
- Keep your teams organized in one location – their project site – where they can view project summaries, documents, tasks, newsfeeds and calendars.
Select optimal project portfolios, and deliver on your business strategy. Effectively evaluate ideas or measure the strategic contribution of competing requests to determine alignments and streamline project initiation.
- Easily create workflows in Visio and SharePoint Designer to standardize project progression or rejection and improve governance and control.
- Quickly promote a SharePoint task list to an enterprise project in PWA.
- See what your teams are doing – even when they’re managing everyday work or ad hoc projects in SharePoint.
- Better manage your project pipeline and what your people are working on by capturing your team’s ideas in SharePoint task lists and measuring them in PWA.
- Accurately measure resource utilization and better manage resource allocation that aligns with your strategy.
- Seamlessly flow information from team member calendars in Exchange to Project Server 2013 – simplifying project scheduling and task status updates while enhancing task-sharing capabilities.
Take advantage of new ways to collaborate and act quickly
Seamlessly communicate with new ways to share conversations across time and space to improve overall teamwork.
- Hover over an individual’s name in your project plan to see if a team member is available to talk or instant message (IM) with Lync.
- Collaborate with your team quickly by dragging and dropping them into a Lync meeting for group conferencing, instant messaging, screen sharing, and shared workspaces.
- Utilize Active Directory (AD) synchronization in PWA to choose which AD group contains the teams that you want to assign to projects.
- Easily give your teams and trusted business partners the right level of access through a new SharePoint integrated security model in PWA.
- Utilize industry standards such as ODATA (open data protocol) for data mining and business intelligence.
Click here to download brochure