Best practices in ERP implementation for your agricultural business
An ERP solution requires an investment to begin with, but In the long run, this investment is likely to become a landmark moment for your business. Consider this: can you afford not to think about the change? It is easier, simpler, and quicker to stick to what you know, and carry on doing what you always did. But as the businesses over the globe are taking their operations to a new, digital level, it may be risky not to think of change. Implementing an ERP solution is a big deal, but if done correctly, it can boost your operation’s profits and yields several times over. Let’s see the immediate and long-term benefits of ERP.
ERP: The way forward
As there are plenty software solutions out there, starting the change begins with research of the market to find the suitable solution for your own operation. Only by finding what works best for you, for your business, can you expect to succeed.
ERP will make an immediate impact on your business, in different ways.
- Efficiency – ERP drastically reduces, or eliminates altogether, repetitive tasks.
- Streamlining – processes will be easier to implement and carry out.
- Forecasting – better data management leads to better forecasting. Accuracy of predictions is key for many reasons, including vehicle management, chemical supplies, etc.
- Security – data security is paramount in today’s world. Data breaches can cost a lot of hassle, and money, not to mention the potential loss of customer confidence, which may have devastating consequences for your business. The right solution will keep and maintain data secure.
- Department integration – successful agriculture operation depends on collaborative efforts to succeed. ERP can create that integrated environment, and ensure that everyone is working to the same standards.
- Flexibility – working in an agricultural environment requires a certain degree of flexibility, to adapt to unexpected or unusual situations (fickle as a whether, as they say). ERP software enables a high level of customization, configurability and predictability, to help adapt your action plan to the environment.
- Customer service – the golden rule of every successful business is to provide the best customer service possible. An ERP package, such as Microsoft Dynamics 365, enables the delivery of outstanding customer service that will secure strong customer retention and loyalty.
- Improved community management – an extension of customer service is empowerment of your teams. Building a strong community -be it core team or all contracted staff- is key to strengthen core values, expertise and visibility of the big picture.
ERP is undoubtedly a wise investment proposition, as every aspect of your agricultural operation will see the benefits of it. It may require a moderate financial outlay at the start, but the advantages and benefits will soon outweigh any monetary considerations. To put it briefly, ERP will enable efficiency, flexibility, and the provision of world-class customer service. Also, it will simplify and streamline the processes, making them easier to do. ERP’s strong data management capabilities will lead to more accurate and better business decisions, which in turn will lead to increased profits. Overall, ERP (especially when combined with CRM) will strengthen your operation, creating a solid foundation upon which to keep building and scaling your operation.