Point of Sale software possesses the capability to streamline your retail business. Because smooth operations lead to higher profit margins, installing a POS solution may be one of the smartest business investments you make all year. However, choosing the right point of sale system for your retail business can turn into quite a challenge. With so many of options, it may be inefficient to review them all. AccTech Systems have years of experience in the retail space and can save your business time and money by providing the best of breed in any retail industry.
Retail Industry – POS software may be formatted for certain industries. Many solutions market themselves as specific to industries like Sports Equipment, Antiques, or Fashion. However, a significant portion are general solutions that offer all of the same capabilities. Buying a software package specific to your industry will guarantee that receive all of the features that you need. Many versatile systems exist on the market, AccTech Systems will do the proper research to ensure that you purchase the solution with the best value, as well as the best fit.
Different software solutions serve different sized companies. Size is an important factor when picking a retail point of sale solution. Consider the growth your company may experience over the next few years. Is the software scalable? Can it handle more stations and thereby more sales? Does it possess features to help you handle multiple currencies? AccTech Systems will ensure that we take all of these aspects into account before you commit, insure that you won’t outgrow your specific POS software.
- Small Business
- Medium Business
- Large Business
Deployment Model – accessing the point of sale software.
- On Premise / Client Server follows the Client-Server deployment model. You purchase a physical disk and hosts it on their physical hard drive or server. Once installed, the applications are accessed locally or through your network.
- SaaS follows the Online or SaaS deployment model. It is hosted on the provider’s server, and you employ the software through a network connection.
POS software systems are mostly proprietary; however, an organization in need of a highly customized solution should research open-source solutions.
Proprietary software you must purchase. Proprietary network management systems generally come with many pre-configured tools and settings, in contrast to open-source programs, which allow you to personally configure tools.
POS software systems offer many different features. AccTech will assist to determine what functions your future POS system must perform. These features, or functionalities, have recently evolved to address more aspects of the retail industry. Consequently, the term “Retail Management Software” more adequately represents the functions included within POS software.
- Inventory Management, help you manage your inventory levels and control merchandising. Merchandising includes pricing and inter-store transfers. Inventory management includes monitoring inventory numbers and preparing purchase orders.
- Customer Management, facilitate customer relations. These features range from maintaining customer specific sales history to developing e-mail marketing campaigns.
- Employee Management, manage employee-related aspects of your business. These features are supplementary to most POS software solutions. A solution pre-packaged with employee management eliminates the need to purchase additional software.
- Accounting Management, help you perform the necessary accounting for your business. Accounting features manage your company’s monetary inflow and outflow. Common retail accounting functions includes payroll management and the creation of balance sheets.
- eCommerce, help your business sell merchandise online. As a growing industry, eCommerce has become an important source of revenue for retail businesses.
- Reporting, help you perform the necessary accounting for your business. Accounting features manage your company’s monetary inflow and outflow. Common retail accounting functions includes payroll management and the creation of balance sheets.
What to Watch for in Point of Sale (POS) Software
Don’t only consider your current needs. In your search for a POS software solution, think ahead to the future. Can POS software program handle additional stores or stations? Can it handle the growing number of transactions and items in inventory? AccTech Systems will help you choose a system that your business may soon outgrow.
Frequently Asked Questions
AccTech provides a complete end to end solution for retailers of all sizes – designed in Africa for Africa. Softline RMS (Retail Management Solution) is a true end to end solution leveraging Accpac’s award winning product sets including Sage ERP Accpac and Sage CRM.