Visio 2010: Visualise Everything
The world is more complex than ever, and people need an easy way to simplify information, communicate it to others and ultimately make better decisions. Diagramming has always been a way to help organise information into easy-to-see, digestible parts. Whether on napkins, white boards or paper, diagramming helps convey thoughts and ideas.
The biggest release of Microsoft Visio in 10 years makes it easy to share diagrams connected to data in real time.
Humans have always communicated visually, to make sense of the world and communicate quickly with others. That’s why the diagram is so powerful and even more relevant in today’s fast, global, news-intensive society.
Diagramming is so popular that about half of all Microsoft Office users make use of diagrams. In the world of diagramming, Microsoft Visio stands out as a way to easily simplify complexity and communicate with others. In fact, over 15 million customers worldwide have Visio for diagramming as do over 70 percent of the global 100 companies.
Dynamic, data-linked organization chart with the new Visio 2010 user interface. As data changes, the data graphics can be refreshed with one-click.
Changing the Way People Diagram
As information becomes more complex, the way people interact with that information has evolved. Diagrams are an easy, simple way to convey ideas and Visio 2010 is the next step in this diagramming evolution.
Five Reasons to Try Visio 2010:
- Identify operational inefficiencies. Use Visio’s comprehensive and robust business process analysis capabilities to capture, explore and communicate current business processes and identify operational inefficiencies.
- Reduce IT costs and risks. Document IT infrastructure and improve critical IT processes to enhance compliance and reduce IT costs.
- Improve project management. Create, edit and modify project plans using Visio to better understand and more effectively communicate key information.
- Gain valuable business insights. Link data to diagrams to visualize and explore complex data and make better decisions, faster.
- Reduce costs using server consolidation planning. Quickly assess server usage at both the rack and individual server level to help support decisions around shifting workloads.
Bring your diagrams to life with dynamic, data-driven visuals:
- Easily connect your diagrams to one or more data sources including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, SharePoint Services, or any OLEDB (Object Linking and Embedding Database) or ODBC (Open Database Connectivity) data source using the Data Selector and Automatic Link wizards.
- Display real-time data right within the shapes of your diagrams, based on conditions you define, using meaningful graphics such as color, icons, symbols, and data bars. Then, add a legend to explain the meaning of your data-linked graphics.
- Keep the linked data in your diagrams up-to-date without any additional effort using Automatic Refresh. You can refresh data automatically at specific time intervals, or manually at any time with one button click.
- Drill down into detailed shape and diagram data using the Shape Data or External Data windows.