What’s new in Sage 300 ERP 2014
Sage 300 ERP 2014 is the new version of Sage 300 ERP (Previously referred to as Accpac) that will be released in 2014. Many of its new features will follow Sage’s stated goal to deliver functionality suggested by, and voted on by its customers. This customer-driven approach to product design was also present in the design of the current version – Sage 300 ERP 2012.
In this first edition of What’s New in Sage 300 ERP 2014 we focus on the new features and improvements, that includes:
- The Fresh, modern look and feel. Sage has redesigned the desktop and some frequently used screens to make it easier to find information and complete tasks.
- Changes and new features in System Manager
- The Enhanced visual process flows. You can now use process flows to manage more sophisticated workflows, by linking to programs, reports, macros and other process flows.
- New features of the General Ledger and Inventory Control Modules
Fresh, Modern Look and Feel
Sage 300 ERP 2014 has been updated with a fresh, modern look and feel to make it easier to find information and complete tasks:
- On the desktop:
- Redesigned icons improve the experience of navigating to programs and screens.
- A ribbon-style toolbar helps you find tools and commands quickly and easily.
- On a selection of frequently used screens:
- Redesigned buttons (such as the Zoom button and the Finder) are clearer and more meaningful.
- Required fields are now clearly indicated with an asterisk.
Changes and New Features in System Manager
System Manager 2014 includes the following new features and improvements:
- Improved user management for LanPak and IAP licenses. The LanPak Users and IAP Users screens have been combined into a new Current Users screen, which provides information about users who are currently signed in, helping you decide who to ask to sign out. In addition to the information that was displayed in the LanPak Users and IAP Users screens, the Current Users screen displays:
- Contact information for users.
- Information about user activity, such as the screens each user is using.
- Information about users who are signed in without using a license, such as Timecard users.
- New job role and contact information fields on the Users screen. Four new fields—Job Role, Phone, E-mail 1, and E-mail 2—allow you to specify a user’s job role and contact information. Also, a new User receives e-mail from Sage with information relevant to job role option indicates whether a user consents to receive e-mail from Sage.
- Sage 300 ERP 2014 now supports Microsoft Office 2013 32-bit.
Changes and New Features in Visual Process Flows
Sage 300 ERP 2014 includes the following new features and improvements for visual process flows:
- Three new visual process flows. We have added process flows for Project and Job Costing.
- Enhanced Link feature. When customizing process flows, you can now link elements to programs, reports, macros, and other process flows.
Changes and New Features in General Ledger
General Ledger 2014 includes the following new features and improvements:
- When printing the G/L Transactions Listing, you can now print a report that spans multiple fiscal years and periods.
Changes and New Features in Inventory Control
Inventory Control 2014 includes the following new features and improvements:
- A new Allow Duplicate Serial Numbers option on the Options screen. This option allows you to specify whether multiple items can be assigned the same serial number.
- A new Unit Cost field on the Lot Numbers Inquiry screen. This field displays the unit cost for items in a lot, calculated based on the quantity of items in the lot and the total cost of the lot.
- A new Use As Default option on the Bills of Material screen. This option allows you to specify a default number to use for a BOM item when I is entered on the I/C Assemblies/disassembling screen. This information is also displayed on the Bills of Material report.
- Four new fields enhance integration between Sage 300 ERP and Sage Inventory Advisor.
- On the Location Details screen:
- Inventory Minimum (SIA). This field allows you to specify the minimum quantity of an item that must be in inventory at a location.
- Lead Time (SIA). This field allows you to specify the lead time to allow when ordering goods.
- On the Location Details screen:
- On the Vendor Details screen:
- Order Minimum (SIA). This field allows you to specify the minimum quantity of an item that you must order from a vendor.
- Preferred Vendor (SIA). If you purchase an item from multiple vendors, this field allows you to specify a preferred vendor for the item.
In the second edition of What’s New in Sage 300 ERP 2014 in April we focus on the new features and improvements, that includes:
- Sage Advisor Product Enhancement Program
- Accounts Receivable
- Purchase orders
- Improved Help and Documentation
For more information on What’s New Sage 300 ERP 2014 click here…