How to unlock your business potential
Technology trends impacting business in 2014
The visual, social, virtual and mobile transformations are imminent and are creating a new golden era of technology-enabled innovation. Your business needs to be leading the charge. Based on the technology-enabled trends that have already been adopted, organisations will now need to transform how they sell, market, communicate, collaborate, innovate, train and educate.
It is the “era of the customer” and to stay competitive, your organisation needs to anticipate the most significant technology trends that are shaping your business and changing your customer needs. You then need to develop innovative ways to use them to your advantage, both inside and outside of your organisation.
AccTech Systems has identified 14 tactical focus areas for your businesses to transform over the following year. It will help you improve and identify “How to unlock your business potential” with your customers, vendors and employees.
In this first edition of “How to unlock your business potential” we focus on:
- Mobility – Mobile applications will empower Consumers, Employees & Vendors.
- Push Technology – Notifications sent to mobile devices to meet User Demand and Improve Customer Experience
- Collaboration – The Company will have one central strategy system that unifies every piece of corporate information.
- Millennials – Generation Y (born in the 80’s and 90’s), will make up 68% of the workforce, and they interact and communicate differently.
- Cloud – Increased Productivity and Information Value for your customers, employees and vendors.
Cumbersome desktop computers might work well at home, but you can expect to do most of your business from a mobile device. Laptops will likely remain popular since they have built-in keyboards that people already know how to use. Tablet PCs, however, will become important companion pieces.
Facts regarding Mobility:
- The forecast for Tablets sold at the end of 2014 is 264-million. Mobile Phones sold will be 1.905-billion at the end of 2014.
- The people who use your business content – you, your executives, staff, customers & vendors expect and desire the information in tablet friendly form.
- Mobile applications will empower Consumers, Employees & Vendors.
- You will need the correct technology software available to do business anywhere, anytime.
A customer or employee “subscribes” to various information “channels” provided by a server. Whenever new content is available on one of those channels, the server pushes that information out to them.
Benefits of Push technology;
- Meet User Demand and Improve Customer Experience
- Scale and Send Better Data, regardless of Location or Device
- Information is quick, efficient and immediate
Activity Streams are the future of enterprise collaboration, uniting people, data and applications in real-time in a central, accessible, virtual interface. Think of a company social network, where every employee, system and business process exchanges up-to-the-minute information about their activities and outcomes.
Benefits of having a collaborative approach:
- the company will have one central strategy system that unifies every piece of corporate information.
- each employee can find data that he or she never knew existed, collaborating around this information and accessing it in a variety of ways (email, mobile applications, and through existing infrastructure).
- better customer and employee experience
By 2025, millennials, Generation Y (born in the 80’s and 90’s), will make up the majority of the workforce. 68% of corporate’s say that it is difficult for their organisations to manage millennials because they would like:
- to connect via a technology device(not in person)
- data in an Internet style format
- updated, online content medias
- to be influenced and motivated to volunteer and participate in any programs
- flexible work schedules
Despite the concerns that many industries have about cloud storage ability and willingness to keep information secure, people will have little choice but to keep more information on these systems as opposed to their hard drives. So all employees can interact anywhere.
Benefits of Cloud-based information and interaction:
- Increased Productivity and Information Value
- Drive Compliance and Reduce Risk
- Fewer Systems and Easier Integration
- No software capital
- Organisations will adopt flexible CRM management practices to capitalise on SaaS = CRM in the cloud
- Technology innovation embedded in your business processes – not in hardware
Technology moves too fast = invest in innovation, not hardware
In the second edition of “How to unlock your business potential” we focus on SEO, eMarketing, Online Social Media, Big Data Analytics and CRM.